Archive

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

So That's What Gal Stones Feel Like

I woke up at 5am on Tuesday morning. I honestly thought I was having a mild heart attack although, the pain ended up settling to the right of my stomach and went all the way to my back. I was in such pain that I ended up calling the place I'm temping at to let them know I won't be coming in that day. I spent a few hours that morning in the hospital trying to figure out what was going on. The doctor that saw me mentioned that it sounded like gal stones. By that time the attack was subsiding. I was really happy about that, and by that time I was really tired of being at the hospital. The doctor didn't give me any advice on how to keep the pain down, but he did mention I'd have to see my doctor and set up an ultrasound. If need be I'd have to have my gal bladder out. I came home and fought through another attack.

Today I saw my doctor who gave me a prescription for Tylenol 3s and a form for the ultrasound. I'm taking it easy for the next couple days, and trying to get used to fat free/spice free food. I've called for the ultrasound appointment and the next available time was Sept. 22. I was shocked, but I took it and also put my name on the waitlist for any cancelled appointment times. I want to get this done ASAP! Now I just have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment