Archive

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Learning To Run a Marathon

As I've mentioned in more than a few posts in my main blog, every so often I clean out more unwanted items from my possession. Lately the magazines I've been putting into a neat pile have been, well, piling up. I've been going through the Prevention mags and their suppliment mags, Running Fit. I've found a lot of little tid bits that I've begun hanging on my post-it board for inspiration. I also found a great article on how to get yourself into shape enough to run a 5K marathon. I cut it out and posted it front and center above my desk. It starts out as a 3 sessions per week and works up to 5 days per week. The first session you walk 4 minutes then run for 1 minute, and repeate 2 more times for a total of 15 minutes. I think I'm in a slightly better condition than that, but I want to try this from the begining.

The only thing that might stop me from completing the entire plan would be my procrastination habit. I love starting new things, but I can't for the life of me finish them. I really have to get it in my head that I'm doing all of this for me, although it's difficult when I hear a lot of negativity around me. I end up wanting to say 'what's the point?' I'm trying to find ways to disregard these comments so they won't effect me like they do. We'll see how it all goes. +o)

No comments:

Post a Comment