Archive

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Correction

I didn't take one of Dad's Ativan, I took one of Dad's Clonazepam - muuuuuch better than Ativan +o) Let me tell you how I know that...

Sunday night my anxiety had the best of me and I took one of Dad's "happy pills" which I thought were Ativan since he'd told me how wonderful they worked. This morning I have a doc's appointment to ask for help with said anxiety. We sat and talked longer than we ever had about how I thought my anxieties and stints of depression were linked to my perfectionism. He was amazing - very compationate, and even spoke about his own troubles with such problems. After our chat I asked if there was anything I could take to aleviate the weight of the anxiety and he offered Ativan. Because I was under the assumption that I had taken Ativan on Sunday night, I wholeheartedly agreed. When I picked up the prescription later that day I noticed the pills weren't pink like the one I had taken Sunday night. Curiosity got the better of me once I returned home and I checked Dad's medications. That's when I found out it wasn't Ativan I had taken, but Clonazepam.

I took my first Ativan at 10:30 this evening. It wasn't as delightful as the Clonazepam, but it has made me sleepy. Since I've had troubles sleeping this past month I'm going to see how it goes.

This evening I looked up what the differences were between Ativan and Clonazepam. Doesn't seem to be much, but at the moment I'd choose Clonazepam over Ativan. Looking that up got me to thinking about the Paxil I take. Is is the right medication for me if it let this last month of anxiety/depression hell happen? I'm not sure. From the investigation I've done so far, I'm thinking maybe I should be switched to Anafranil? We'll see next time I'm in the doctor's office.

No comments:

Post a Comment