Archive

Monday, June 14, 2004

Cards and Banking and Interest Rates, Oh My!

The idea was suggested to me that instead of cashing my RSP and using it to pay off my bills, I might be able to get a loan using the RSP as collateral. I've used a loan calculator to figure out monthly payments, if I should borrow for 12 or 18 months, etc... I'm slowly narrowing everything down.

Thinking about smart banking, I remembered how I was once wanting to transfer my credit totals on to a low-interest card. I might cancel the cards I currently have after I pay them off, and then apply for a low-interest one. I've found two so far that are under 10%: Scotiabank and VanCity. I'm still searching for others - I want to find a card that suits me best, and is under 10% interest.

I'm really quite excited about this. I've mapped out what I will get for living expenses from my student loan and compared that to what I should be spending during the semester. It should all work out very nicely. It's also great that I'll be paying half the interest of what my cards are charging now. It will definitely give me piece of mind and that's what I need.

I've tried and tried and tried to find the Chinese symbols for "A genius masquerades as a fool" but I can't seem to see it anywhere. I've had to order it off a website. Hopefully that will come in soon. Now I just have to figure out this tattoo salve problem. Is there something that works best? Should I just buy whatever the shop gives me? Do I just use tea tree oil? Ahhh the confusion of the unknown.

The last few days I've been using some Mary Kay Velocity moisturizer samples - what a fantastic moisturizer! Last time I was at Walmart I checked for something similar but came up empty. I guess I'm just going to have to shell out the big bucks. That's okay though, I adore their Visibly Fit body lotion - nothing has come close to smelling as good or feeling as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment