Archive

Thursday, September 25, 2003

Atkins Investigation

So I bought the Atkins book. It's actually quite interesting. I'm flirting with the idea of trying it out. I was doing good today, was under the aloted 20g of carbs for the induction stage which starts lipolysis (basically, burns stored fat) but of course I had to have a snack. I thought I was doing a good job at choosing grapes, so I didn't check fitday.com for their carb count. After eating them I added them to my food diary and found they are extremly high in carbs. I ate my entire day of carbs (which I had almost ate already) in one cup of grapes. Damnit!

Word to the wise: Don't start this until you've got all the right foods in the house.

Induction lasts for 2 weeks. 2 weeks of 20g or less of carbs. I think I'm going to start again on Monday. That should give me enough time to investigate which snack foods are best for this stage and get them in the house.

After the induction stage you're able to up your carbs 5g per week until you're only losing 1-2lbs per week. Can't wait until I can have a muffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment