Archive

Monday, November 7, 2005

I <3 Ebay

I won an auction for an HP Photosmart photo printer. It was only $28.50 including shipping. Sa-weet! It's an older model, but since I don't have any experience with photo printers I figure it's a good (and cheap!) place to start. The listing said it doesn't come with a manual or software so I hopped over to HP.ca and downloaded everything I'll need. I also priced out ink cartridges and photo paper on ebay. For the two cartridges it'll only be about $20, and the photo paper is even cheaper. I should be good to go in no time!

Another thing I'd like to get via Ebay is the Oral B 9400 Professional Care Triumph electric toothbrush set. In the store it's worth $149, but I've found it on Ebay between $50 and $80. Why might I want that, you ask? I was at the dentist this past week for a cleaning and inspection and found out I have more cavities and filling to repair than I could've ever imagined. I was given an outline of what needed to be done and the cost of such procedures and almost fell over - over $2500! I didn't even ask him if he could do something about my left fang that's squishing into the next tooth over. Eesh! I'm definitely not going to get it all done in one fell swoop. This is going to be a year-long (or more) project. At least I'm getting a free whitening kit because I'm a new patient. The doc said I should whiten my teeth before having all those fillings put in because then he could match the color of the filling to the color of my newly whitened teeth. Sounds like a good plan to me! I came out of there determined to take better care of myself, and my teeth will be the begining. The Oral B Triumph has a countdown clock so I'll know I'm brushing enough, it also tells you when it's time to change the brush head and works in 11 different languages. I wonder if my relationship with the Triumph will end up like the sign that befriended Steve Martin in LA Story?

No comments:

Post a Comment