Archive

Saturday, September 10, 2005

What a Week!

I can honestly say I've never had a week like this before. Between the kids from next door hanging out almost continuously because they prefer life at our house rather than their own and my cousin (whom I only heard about once or twice in my life) and his girlfriend/common-law/wife moving here from Ontario and staying at our place because they have no money for a place to live of their own at the moment, I'm amazed I haven't exploded into a million pieces. Don't get me wrong, I like my cousin and his wife, it's just tough to try and look 'normal' when all you want is some time to sort everything out and adjust your meds so you feel like yourself again.

SIDENOTE: I was so excited about getting a prescription for Ativan last week that I forgot to get refill prescriptions for everything else. Ooops. I ended up going in after the long weekend and speaking with my doc about the prescriptions I forgot and how Ativan was working for me. It's great, but it only calms me about 20%. I asked if I should be on a different medication and he said no, that it only means I'm not taking enough Paxil to control the anxiety. So he bumped me up to 40mg, but I'm not feeling much different. I'm pretty sure I'll be up to 80mgs before I feel half decent. We'll see.

Well, I'm sleepy all of a sudden. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment