Archive

Friday, June 17, 2005

Catch Up

Because I was out of commission this past week and a half I've had to play catch-up since Monday. I completed 2 assignments and 90% of my readings by Wednesday. This morning I accidentally fell asleep after my alarm clock went off and couldn't get to school to start working on my third assignment which is due next Wednesday. I'll go on Monday. Friday and the weekend I want to catch up with my readings, do laundry (I don't have any more clean underwear - ack!) and tidy up a fair bit. I find I get super lazy while under the weather and everything tends to get messy and out of place. I had plans to do some laundry tonight, but it was the last Star night before the chapter goes dark for a couple of months and I was way too tired. I wanted to nap, but I had no time to; ended up yawning throughout the meeting.

Today while waiting at Walmart for a prescription to be filled I pawed the manicure aisle. I was looking for some cute nail art I could put on and slap a clear top coat over. I wasn't able to find exactly what I was looking for, but I came across glue-on nails with dragonflies painted on them. I haven't been able to stop thinking of them. I'm pondering filing my acrylic nails off and putting the dragonfly nails on. They're only $11. I wonder how well they'd work?

Mom's been taking care of the neighbor's kids the past few weeks. I'm glad tomorrow is the last full day (8-4). I don't know why but I just can't get comfortable with the arrangement. I suppose I'm just too used to our normal way of life where we can run around together during the day whenever the mood strikes us. I also don't like how run-down my mother has become since she started taking care of them. Next week we only have the kids until noon when their sister can take care of them. My poor, dear Mom can then get the extra rest and relaxation that she both needs and deserves.

xo
+o)

No comments:

Post a Comment